Red velvet churros
• 3 cups water
• 2 and ¼ cups of whole wheat flour
• 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
• A pinch of salt
• 2 tablespoons of dry yeast
• 3 eggs
• A couple drops of red food coloring
• 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 1 cup of brown sugar
• Cream cheese
1. Heat the water on the stove over medium heat. When it begins to boil, add the whole wheat flour and mix. Add the cocoa, dry yeast and salt. Cook for 5 minutes while continuously stirring until you have a consistent dough.
2. Put the dough in a bowl. Add and mix the eggs with the food coloring, and mix.
3. When everything is combined, put the dough in a pastry tube with a large, scalloped tip.
4. Heat the 2 cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain over medium heat, squeeze out one churro and fry for 3 minutes. Repeat for all churros and place them on a plate lined with absorbent paper towel to remove excess oil. Take note of this trick: to cut the churros, use scissors wet with a bit of oil so the dough doesn't stick to the scissors.
5. To finish, serve alongside a bowl of cream cheese.
6. Sprinkle with brown sugar.