• 2 ea. Ñora chiles or ancho chiles
• 1 oz. Almonds
• 3 ea. Ripe tomato, large, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
• 6 ea. Garlic cloves, skin on
• 2 slices Bread
• 2 tsp. Red wine vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil from EU
• 1 tablespoon Salt
• 1 table spoon Hot peper flakes, finely ground
1. Turn the oven to 350 degrees, when hot toast the almonds for 8 to 10 minutes, moving them every 2 minutes, remove and cool off.
2. Put a small pot half full with water to boil, when boiling reduce to simmer and add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes, when cool to handle remove the inside meat from the skin and set aside.
3. Turn a grill to medium heat, when hot grill the garlic until tender, tomatoes until soft and bread until well toasted, it will take about 25 minutes especially for the tomatoes as you need them well cooked.
4. In a mortar pound in this order all the ingredients, (remember the finer you pound them the smoother the sauce is going to be). First the almonds and chili flakes until it forms a paste, add bread, breaking it into little pieces, pound, add the garlic, pound, add the tomatoes and with the help of a spoon scoop all the corners of the mortar, add the red wine vinegar and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from EU and the rest of the salt.