Seafood cream and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 200 g of prawns
• 200 g of rice prawns
• 200 g of crawfish
• 4 tablespoons crushed tomato
• 1 splash of Pedro Ximénez wine
• 400 ml water
• 600 ml extra virgin olive oil
• 2 large potatoes cooked
1. Peel the prawns, rice prawns and crawfish, reserving the shells.
2. In a saucepan add the extra virgin olive oil and heat. Once hot, add the shellfish and cook until it changes color. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Put a little more oil, add the shells and heads of the shellfish, cook for 5 minutes and with a spatula, press the heads to extract all their juice. After the time has passed, add the crushed tomato and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Turn up the heat, add the Pedro Ximénez wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Add the water, which should cover all the shells and heads of the shellfish, a little salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. When done strain the broth with a very fine strainer.
5. A concentrated seafood broth will be obtained.
6. Cut the two cooked potatoes (it is better to have cooked them in advance) into small pieces and grind them together with the seafood (reserve some rice prawns for decoration) and the broth, you will obtain a soft, filling and delicious seafood cream.
7. Once the seafood cream is crushed, to make it softer, it can be passed through Puree Sieve. Bring the cream back to the heat, cook for 5 more minutes, add salt to taste and serve very hot.