Eggplant Bagel with Honey and Brie
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 4 bagels (option: seeded bagel)
• 1 small eggplant
• 7 oz. of brie cheese
• 1 bag of arugula (approx. 3.5 oz.)
• 2 heaping tablespoons of honey
• 3 heaping tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
• 1 heaping tablespoon of pine nuts
1. Cut the eggplant into thin slices and leave them in a colander for 10 minutes, sprinkling them with some salt to remove the bitterness.
2. In a pan, roast the pine nuts until they’re golden brown.
3. In a bowl, dress the arugula with the salt, balsamic vinegar and the two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Add the pine nuts, stir and set aside.
4. In a pan, add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then brown the eggplant on both sides.
5. Split the bagels and toast them.
6. Cut the brie into slices.
7. Place the brie on top first and then the eggplant. Give it a squirt of honey and, lastly, add the dressed arugula with the pine nuts.