• 4 thin loin fillets
• 4 slices of cured ham
• Salt and pepper
• Extra virgin olive oil from Europe
For the batter:
• 1 egg
• Bread crumbs
1. With the help of a kitchen hammer, soften the fillets to make them finer.
2. Season the meat with lemon, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and spread them.
3. Add a slice of cured ham to one side of the fillet and roll carefully.
4. To coat them, put three dishes in a row. One with flour, another with a beaten egg and the third with breadcrumbs. Pass the rolls through the three dishes. First the flour, then the egg and lastly the breadcrumbs. If you feel like they are going to come apart, you can secure them with a toothpick.
5. Fry the rolls with very hot extra virgin olive oil. First on one side and when golden, on the other. When frying with Olive Oils from Spain you will get the perfect result. Your Cordovan flamenquins will be tender on the inside and crispy on the outside!
6. Once fried, place them on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
In step 5, instead of frying them you can freeze them, or fry one part and freeze another for the future. Once frozen you can fry them directly without the need to defrost them.
You can serve the flamenquines with a salad, some fried potatoes or with a homemade sauce. We recommend that you accompany them with this homemade aioli sauce.