Red rice salad
• 225 g. red rice
• 175 g. smoked salmon
• 4 salad onions with large bulbs, trimmed and in thin rings
• Handful wild rocket leaves
• 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
• 2 eggs
For the dressing:
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
• 4 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• A half lime´s juice
• A little salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook rice in boiling water according to packet instructions.
2. Drain and reserve in a bowl.
3. Cut smoked salmon into fat ribbons and add, with onion rings, rocket and parsley and toss lightly.
4. Place mustard in a bowl and stir in vinegar. Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and lime´s juice and whisk.
5. Season with a little salt (remembering the smoked salmon is salty) and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Pour over salad mix and toss to coat.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl to serve.
We recommend you serve this recipe with Roasted peppers with goat’s cheese and pine nuts which is also made using Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.