Watermelon gazpacho with extra virgin olive oil by Seamus Mullen
• 4 cups diced vine-ripe tomatoes
• 4 cups diced seedless watermelon, plus finely diced for serving
• 1 cup diced red bell pepper
• 1 cup diced peeled and seeded English cucumber, peeled and seeded
• 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
• 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Sea salt and black pepper to taste
• Diced avocado, for serving
• Torn fresh basil, for serving
1. Combine the tomatoes, watermelon, pepper, cucumber, garlic, and vinegar in the bowl of a large blender. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. When ready to serve, blend until smooth. With the machine running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Divide among serving glasses and top with avocado, basil, and watermelon. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.