The Best Sweet for Valentine’s Day: Chocolate Millefeuille
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil from EU
• 1 slab dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content
• 400ml whipped cream
• 80g icing sugar
• 2 tbs. vanilla sugar
• 2 mint leaves
• 1 lemon
• Flaked almonds
1. Start by making the Chantilly cream in a blender.
2. First add the vanilla sugar and pulse until very fine. Mix in the cream and whip until it stiffens, adding the icing sugar a bit at a time. When you have a firm, creamy consistency it’s ready.
3. Put the cream in a pastry bag and leave in the coldest part of the fridge.
4. Now melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. When it starts melting, add a few drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from EU which makes it glossy and extra-creamy.
5. Line a plate with greaseproof paper, place your heart-shaped mold on top and spoon in 2 tablespoons of chocolate. Spread it with the help of a spatula and tap the plate lightly to get rid of any air bubbles and make the surface even.
6. You need to make a total of 8 hearts. If you don’t have a mold, you can make a circle or any other shape you like. Melted chocolate is very easy to work with.
7. Put it in the freezer to set.
8. Now we’re going to fry some mint leaves in Extra Virgin Olive Oil from EU. When the oil is very hot, flash-fry the leaves, removing them quickly so they don’t burn. Place them on a piece of absorbent paper to drain off any excess oil and sprinkle with icing sugar. Set aside.
9. Fry the flaked almonds in the same oil and drain on absorbent paper in the same way
10. While they are still hot, put them in a fine-mesh colander and sprinkle with a teaspoonful of icing sugar so that it caramelize.
11. Cut the strawberries into thin slices and…. now you’re ready to assemble this spectacular Chocolate cake.
12. On the chocolate base, arrange the strawberries and the whipped cream, then top with another chocolate heart. Repeat the operation twice more.
13. Perfume the serving dish with grated lemon zest. Garnish with the caramelised almonds, the fried mint leaves and all the love in the world. A dessert for lovers only.
14. We wish you a very happy Valentine’s Day! If you’d like to discover other recipes just as delicious as this one and learn some fantastic cooking tips and methods, check our recipes and you’ll see just how easy it is to make these amazing dishes at home.