Ingredients (25 pax)
• 5 eggs
• 3 egg yolks
• 120 g sugar
• 250 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 1 tsp orange-flower water
• 1 tsp rum
• 500g flour
For the topping
• 300g crumbled, untoasted almonds
• 300g icing sugar
• 1 egg for glazing
1. Add the eggs, the yolks and the sugar in a large bowl and blend everything together.
2. Make a volcano shape on the table with the flour and pour in the above mixture.
3. Work with half of the mixture in first, then the other. Mix and drizzle with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
4. Take around 40g of the mixture and place it on the hob (the stove top) to give the doughnut shape. Repeat the same process with the rest of the mixture to make all the doughnuts.
5. Glaze them with the egg and sprinkle with the almond crumbles.
6. Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 220ºC.
7. After removing the doughnuts from the oven sprinkle them with icing sugar, for the perfect finishing.
5. Remove, let cool slightly and serve.