Vegetables and prawns tempura
• 1 carrot
• 1 green pepper
• 1 zucchini
• 8 pieces of pumpkin
• 8 raw medium prawn tails
• 400 g of flour
• 100 g of cornstarch
• 1 egg
• 2 g yeast
• 1 liter of very cold water
• 1 and ½ to 2 liters of extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of the dough:
1. Mix the flour, cornstarch and yeast.
2. On a bowl with ice, put another bowl with the cold water and the whole egg lightly beaten.
3. Add the flour mixture, beating lightly with sticks. It should be lumpy. It must be very cold at all times.
Preparation of the vegetables:
1. Cut the carrot into thin julienne strips (sticks).
2. The zucchini is cut into slices.
3. The pumpkin and green pepper is cut into pieces.
Presentation of the dish:
Fry in abundant extra virgin olive oil at 180ºC. All the ingredients are fried little by little, passing them first through the dough.