Creole shrimp tacos
• 8 whole wheat tortillas
• 2 ¼ lbs. large raw shrimp
• 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Europe
• 1 chopped onion
• ½ stem celery, minced
• ½ green pepper, minced
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 cup fish broth
• 1 cup fresh peeled and chopped tomato
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• black pepper
• A pinch of ground cayenne (to taste)
• 1 sprig cilantro, minced
1. Sauté the onion, pepper and bay leaf in a pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Europe until they brown. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and cayenne.
2. Add the tomato to the pan and stir it a few times. Add the fish broth and let it boil for 10 minutes.
3. Then, add the peeled shrimp and let them stew for a few more minutes.
4. Sprinkle the cilantro on top and serve with the hot tortillas.