Tomatoes preserved in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Extra virgin olive oil from Spain
• 1 kilo of tomatoes
• Variety of pepper
• 3 garlic cloves
1. Wash, dry and cut the tomatoes in half. A little trick: A quick way to cut tomatoes is to place them all on one plate and put another on top. Gently press the top plate with your hand and pass a large, sharp knife between the two plates. In a few seconds, you will have all the tomatoes cut in half. Following this little trick will save you a lot of time!
2. Place the tomatoes cut in half on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
3. Crush the garlic and place it on the tray.
4. Cut the thyme and rosemary and spread them over the tomatoes. Do the same with salt, ground pepper, honey and European Olive Oils.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180º C. Put the tray in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool.
To make the preserve, place the tomatoes in a jar and cover them with extra virgin olive oil from Europe. You can use olive oils of the variety that you like the most, try different ones until you find the one that best suits your taste!
These tomatoes with spices are great as a garnish for meat or fish, or even to enrich simple roasted potatoes. And in addition to giving flavor, they will give color to a dish which will make it more attractive to the eye. We never get tired of saying how important the plating is and the appearance of a dish. Remember that we also eat with our eyes! In less than an hour you can prepare these tomatoes, which will last you weeks. Dare to cook it at home!