• 1 cup of couscous
• 2 cups of water
• Salt to taste
• A pinch of cumin
• Minced mint
• ½ cucumber, diced
• 2 tomatoes, seeded and peeled, diced
• ½ red onion, diced
• ½ zucchini, diced
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Europe
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Goat cheese
1. Start by adding 1 cup of couscous to two cups of boiling water. Cover for 5 minutes until the water is absorbed.
2. Prepare a dressing with 1/8 cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Europe, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, cumin, minced mint and salt. Stir.
3. Break apart the couscous by combing it with a fork. Add the 2 tomatoes, ½ cucumber, ½ zucchini, ½ red onion and finally the seasoning.
4. Mix it all together.
5. Lastly, add the goat cheese, lemon zest and mint. Add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Europe as a final touch.
6. Ready to serve! Enjoy!
Couscous is a moroccan traditional spiced dish with meat, boiled vegetables and legumes served over the semolina that gave the dish its name. It is becoming more and more popular in the Mediterranean Diet. Apart from being full of delicious flavors, it can be modified in many different ways. It's a perfect take on a healthy pasta, especially when it's topped with a splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Europe.
The only challenge to this recipe is finding a sharp knife, cutting board and the freshest vegetables around. The rest is a breeze. What are you waiting for, transport yourself to another land with this tasty meal!