Shrimp and octopus ceviche with ginger, lemon and EVOO recipe
• 4oz. Shrimp (21 - 25), peeled, cooked, cuti n 5 pieces each
• 1 ea. Bay leaf
• 2 ea. Peppercorns
• 4 oz. Braised Octopus (large), cut ¼ “ slices
• ½ Tbsp. Red onion, small diced
• Tomato, small dice 1 ½ Tbsp.
• Cilantro 1 tsp.
• Scallop u10 1 ea.
• Lime wedge 1 ea.
• Cilantro sprig 1 ea.
• Avocado, slice 2 ea.
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain as needed
Sauce (Makes 1qt.)
• 6 oz. Ketchup
• 6 ea. Lemons, juiced
• 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• ½ Tbsp. Habanero Sauce
• 2 tsp. Salt
• 2 pinch Black pepper
• Bread, sliced, toasted as needed
• Ginger-Lemon Vinaigrette
1. Cook the shrimp in a pot with water, add bay leaf, whole peppercorns and salt when boiling cook for 1 ½ to 2 minutes depending of how thick the vegetables are. Drop on an ice bath to cool off completely, cut in 4-5 pieces.
2. Mix the tomato, red onion and cilantro in a small bowl.
3. In a bowl, mix octopus and shrimp, add the tomato & onion mixture, then 2 tablespoon of the sauce, steer it until well mixed, season if needed and place in the freezer.
4. Set a non stick pan on medium to high heat, drizzle the scallop with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and salt wait until the pan is very hot and sear the scallop.
5. Take out the ceviche from the freezer and place it on a deep dish, top with the scallop, a wedge of lime, slices of avocado and a sprig of cilantro, drizzle with the ginger lemon vinaigrette.
6. Serve with toasted bread.